Suffield Players Calendar
All events at Mapleton Hall, 1305 Mapleton Avenue, Suffield, CT, except where noted.
• 6, 7   Suffield On The Green   Facepainting, Gypsy fortunetellers, details of the '14-'15 season.  Saturday: 10AM-5PM, Sunday: 11AM-4PM
• 8, 15, 22, 29   Night Set Construction session for Purple Sage   7PM-9PM
• 10   Staged Readings at Kent Memorial Library, Suffield.  Two short plays, Kitchen Poet by Emma Weinstein, and Truth From Fiction by Charles Schoenfeld.  7PM   Free.
• 13, 20, 27   Set Construction session for Purple Sage   9AM-1PM   Come anytime during the session.  Even if you can stay only fifteen minutes, your help is appreciated.
• 2, 3   Auditions for our Winter shows Desire, Desire, Desire; For Whom the Southern Belle Tolls; and The Actor's Nightmare.   2nd:6PM, 3rd:7PM.
• 9, 10, 11, 17, 18, 19*, 24, 25
Flaming Guns of the Purple Sage by Jane Martin.   8PM *except 19th 2PM
Friendship, love, lust, carnivals, rodeos, horror movies, and other hilarious misadventures come face-to-face on a ranch somewhere in Wyoming in this outrageous clever comedy!  Adult language and situations.
• 12, 13   Auditions for our Holiday Benefit Miracle on 34th Street: The Radio Play.   12th:6PM, 13th:7PM.
• 5, 6, 7*   Holiday Benefit Challenge Miracle on 34th Street—The Radio Play, from the Lux Radio Theater Series.
Can we pull off a decent production with minimal sets, very few props, and only a week of rehearsals?  I don't know, but our track record is pretty darned good!
• 14   Staged Reading at Kent Memorial Library, Suffield.  God of Carnage by Yasmina Reza.  7PM   Free.
• 25, 26   Auditions for our Spring show Hearts   25th:6PM, 26th:7PM.
• 5, 6, 7, 13, 14, 15*, 20, 21
Three One Acts by Christopher Durang.   8PM *except 15th 2PM
Desire, Desire, Desire; The Actor's Nightmare; and For Whom The Southern Belle Tolls.  A hilarious set of spoofs based on classic plays such as Hamlet, A Man For All Seasons, A Streetcar Named Desire, The Glass Menagerie, and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.  Witty, ridiculous, and truly entertaining.  Adult language and situations.
• 30   See May 1.
• 1, 2, 8, 9, 10*, 15, 16
Hearts by Willy Holtzman.   8PM *except 10th 2PM
Dramatic and touching, this show follows the story of a World War II veteran moving back and forth between past and present, from the foxholes of Europe to the frontiers of cyberspace.  A look at the invisible wounds of the “Greatest Generation” with humanity and surprising humor.  Adult language and situations.