Suffield Players Calendar
All events at Mapleton Hall, 1305 Mapleton Avenue, Suffield, CT, except where noted.
• 2 3, 4* A Christmas Twist by The Illegitimate Players, directed by Mary Fernandez-Sierra, and Roger A. Ochs. 8PM *except 4th 2PM
A ridiculous blend of two works by Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol and Oliver Twist. Added to the familiar parable of Bob Cratchit, Ebenezer, and his spirits is Fagin, Mr. Bumble, and Tiny Twist, a gangly orphan whose crutch keeps getting stuck in floor cracks. Irreverent and inspired, this spoof mocks the silly sentimentality and commercialism sometimes found in our modern holiday, while reminding us of the true Christmas spirit. Recommended for ages 13 and up
• 13 Board Meeting Members welcome 7PM
• 31 Set build session for Five Women Wearing the Same Dress 9am-2pm
• 5, 12, 19, 26 Night set build session for Five Women Wearing the Same Dress 630-900pm
• 7, 14, 21, 28 Set build session for Five Women Wearing the Same Dress 9am-2pm
• 17 Board Meeting Members welcome 7PM
• 18 Staged reading of I Hate Hamlet by Paul Rudnick at the Suffield Senior Center, 145 Bridge Street, Suffield.  Free.
• 22, 23 Auditions for Chapter Two. 6PM on the 22nd, 7PM on the 23rd.
• 2 Final night set build session for Five Women Wearing the Same Dress 630-900pm
• 9, 10, 11, 17, 18, 19*, 24, 25
Five Women Wearing the Same Dress by Alan Ball, directed by Kelly Seip. 8PM *except 19th 2PM
During an ostentatious wedding celebration, five very different bridesmaids find themselves hiding together in an upstairs bedroom. They are hoping to escape the wedding reception of a bride that—they soon realize—none of them really like! As they get to know each other, personal stories, hopes, and dreams are revealed. These five diverse women discover a common bond in this wickedly funny modern tale of friendship, femininity, and strength. Recommended for ages 13 and up
• 21 Board Meeting Members welcome 7PM
• 4, 5, 6, 12, 13, 14*, 19, 20
Chapter Two by Neil Simon, directed by Anna Marie Johansen. 8PM *except 14th 2PM
Based on events in Simon's life, this second-time-around love story introduces George, a recently widowed writer, and Jennie, a newly divorced actress. They are neighbors in an apartment building, and as their friends conspire to get the unlikely pair together, laughter, love, and occasionally chaotic comedy result. This is the story of love after loss, and how two lonely and lively hearts finally become one. Recommended for ages 13 and up
• 16 Board Meeting Members welcome 7PM