Suffield Players Calendar
All events at Mapleton Hall, 1305 Mapleton Avenue, Suffield, CT, except where noted.
• 1   Night Set Construction for The Lion In Winter   7PM - 930PM
• 5   Set Construction for The Lion In Winter   9AM - 2PM
• 10, 11, 12, 18, 19, 20*, 25, 26
The Lion In Winter by James Goldman, directed by Rayah Martin.   8PM *except 20th 2PM
A theatrical portrait of Henry II of England, the devious and incorrigible Eleanor of Aquitaine, and their passionate struggle for power.  A drama of Shakespearean fierceness, eloquence, and emotional impact.
• 3   Combined auditions for the holiday show Happy Hollandaise, and the winter show A Year in the Death of Eddie Jester.  Beginning at 6PM.  You may audition for either or both.
• 4   Combined auditions for the holiday show Happy Hollandaise, and the winter show A Year in the Death of Eddie Jester.  Beginning at 7PM.  You may audition for either or both.
• 6, 7, 8*
Happy Hollandaise by Tim Koenig, directed by Jeffrey Flood.   8PM *except 8th 2PM
Our annual Holiday Benefit Challenge, put together with few rehearsals, minimal set and props, read with scripts in hand.
Merry mayhem ensues in the household of the Finley family, in which the traditional family holiday dinner is disrupted by burglars, bumps-on-the-head, and bedlam.  A British farce reminiscent of Arsenic and Old Lace.
• 14   Players' Book Fair at the Enfield Barnes & Noble   all day   Free gift-wrapping.   Snippets performed from our Benefit Shows.   Holiday Caroling.   Facepainting.   Story readings.
• 15, 16   Auditions for the spring show Anything Goes.  Beginning at 6PM on the 15th, and 7PM on the 16th.
• 24   Free Gift Wraping at the Enfield Barnes & Noble
• 16   “Page to Stage” at Kent Memorial Library   Machiavelli by Don Nigro   7PM   Free
• 25   Audition Workshop 1PM - 5PM   Free, donations to Mapleton Hall are accepted
• 6, 7, 8, 14, 15, 16*, 21, 22
A Year in the Death of Eddie Jester by T. Gregory Argall, directed by Roger A. Ochs.   8PM *except 16th 2PM
Stand-up comic Eddie Jester has been mugged and is comatose.  His disembodied spirit offers up jokes and commentary, sometimes quite philosophical, on the events transpiring in his hospital room.  It's very funny, trust me.
• 10   “Page to Stage” at Kent Memorial Library   7PM   Free   Play TBD
• 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11*, 16, 17, 18*
Anything Goes with music and lyrics by Cole Porter, book by P. G. Wodehouse, Guy Bolton, Howard Lindsay, and Russel Crouse, directed by Jane Cerosky.   8PM *except 11th and 18th 2PM
The vintage 1930's musical!  Billy Crocker, a man in love, ends up on a luxury liner and is mistaken for Public Enemy #1.  Will his false notoriety interfere with the course of true love?  Lovely memorable Cole Porter tunes include "You're The Top," "I Get A Kick Out Of You," "Friendship," and of course: "Anything Goes."